This Christmas was a blast. The girls had so much fun and got spoiled! I really have no idea where I am going to put all their stuff! I think Mae's favorite toy was a train set that my mother-in-law gave to her and a jewelry box full of finger nail polish, necklaces, rings, and bracelets that my mother gave to her. Lily's favorite is whatever Mae is playing with. :) Once again Jimmy totally surprised me and bought me shoes and clips for my bike! ....They are actually called clipless shoes but I don't really understand that since you do clip them in?? I'm so excited and, I won't lie, kind of scared to use them. Knowing me I'll forget I'm wearing them and totally crash when I go to stop. But, speaking of biking...I'm sure you have already seen me post on facebook that I'm going to be riding in the Tour de Cure. I rode in it last year and had a blast doing it. All the money raised for the Tour de Cure goes to finding a cure and helping those who suffer from diabetes. This year my goal is to raise $700. I'm not just doing this because I love to ride. When I was ..I think it was 10..a girl moved into our neighborhood who I soon became very good friends with. I soon learned that she had been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was only 6 years old. Her mother made it a priority to educate me and all her other friends on what diabetes was and what it can do. She even taught us how to give shots by having us practice on a orange. Don't worry we never gave her her shots. But her mother taught us what to do in case her blood sugar went too low or too high. I soon realized what a life changing disease this is. Not only for her but for her family as well. We even almost lost her a few times. Seeing her suffer from this disease made me want to do whatever I could to help her. It even lead me to join the medical field.
So if you would like to help me reach my goal and donate to help her and so many other people who suffer from this go to the link on the right side of the page up at the top. Its under the Tour de Cure logo, then click on the "Click here to sponsor me" right above the progress meter. It simple to do and it is %100 tax deductible. Every little bit helps and you really would be helping so many people. Thank you guys.
1 year ago




No comments:
Post a Comment