September 21, 2010

Here we go again....

Well, I would like to say that things have been great at the Higley household but......they really haven't. Well, I guess I can't say that. There are some good things that have happened; Mae finally decided that she was potty trained again!..and we are going to be moving back to Brigham City! So excited about that. So there has been some good things but the bad ones are covering those ones up pretty good. I don't know if everyone know about my stupid brain so I will say a little about that. About five years ago I was having some really bad headaches that would not go away...and when I say not go away I mean I had a constant headache for about 6-7 months. I was also feeling a lot of pressure in my neck and my arms kept going tingly. The docs did some tests and found out that I had Arnold-Chiari Malformation (aka, my brain was to big for my head.....well, technically its a bone malformation so my head was actually too small for my brain but I think it sounds better the other way :) )....so anyways, they did surgery and fixed me all up and I was a new person!.....So I thought, about 3 weeks ago I started having pain in my neck. I thought that maybe I just slept on it funny or something. But then the headache started. I once again didn't think too much of it because what mother of two children doesn't get a headache? But when I woke up to the room spinning and I was more nauses than I have ever been in my entire life X 10 and then I starte violently throwing up, I knew there was a problem. So I have been to the doc and had an MRI and it showed water restriction in my left cerebellar hemisphere. But it wasn't really conclusive enough to show anything for certian so I am now waiting to go the university hospital and see a neurologist there. Hopefully they can find out whats wrong and fix it. Sorry, its such a long post just thought I would get it all out. It helps to write it down then I don't have to think about so much.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY!!! I am so excited that you are moving back to Brigham City. We might actually be able to come see you now. I am so sorry about all the head stuff. I had really hoped it was all over the last time. Let me know if I can do ANYTHING for you. Love ya tons!

The.Marcellus.Family said...

:( Sorry your not feeling well.
I hope everything goes well.
If you need anything let me know ♥

Bonnie and Joel said...

I really hope things work out for you. Thats nice you will be closer to family.

t+t huggins said...

oh amanda. i know we dont talk often but i remember hearing about your headaches on facebook. i was bummed when you left and i didnt hear what had become of them. i am sorry that it isnt just an easy fix. happy to hear you are moving closer..we need to plan play dates :) let me know if there is anything i can do to help you out. i hope you get all fixed up and feeling better soon. love to you and the kiddies and jimmy. hope you guys are doing good.

Trisha said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do for you. Please let me know if you need anything! We'd love to babysit for a weekend! You're in our prayers.

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh Amanda I'm so sorry to hear you guys are going through a rough time!!! I will keep you in our prayers! So excited to hear you're going to be moving back this way though :) Good luck with everything hopefully we will see you all soon!

Followers