August 26, 2010

And the most horrible mom of the year award goes to......

Yah that award will be going to me. I feel like the worlds worst mom! I took Mae and Lily and my two youngest brothers to the parade yesterday. Well, Mae was sitting on the curb with my little brother while I was sitting up on my aunts porch with Lily. Well, I thought Carson was watching Mae and I guess she left so Carson had thought she came up by me....yah we both thought wrong! After a few minutes we all realized she was gone. We couldn't find her anywhere! All my cousins were running frantically up and down the side walk looking for her. After about ten min I thought I was going to be sick. We just couldn't find her anywhere.....then I heard the parade announcer say they had a cute little girl down by them if anyone was missing a child. I took off on at a sprint, seriously I was sprinting! I'm sure everyone knew I was the idiotic mother who lost her child. Thank heavens the lost little girl was my sweet, little too adventurous, Mae Bug. She had walked almost two blocks away! She didn't even care. Sh was just sitting in a chair eating a tootsie roll and watching the parade. when she saw me she said, "Hi Mom!" .......I didn't think you could love someone so much and still want to beat them at the same time!! I hope I never have to go through that again but knowing Mae I'm sure I will! Now I know why people put their kids on leashes....

2 comments:

Trisha said...

oh my goodness, dear! I bet you just felt so sick! But if it makes you feel better, I think every mom has an experience like this once in their life. I know my mom did, and she is the best mom. So I don't think the award for worst mom goes to you.

Adam and Sarah said...

That would be terrifying! It just makes you physically ill when you think your child is lost for even a second. And to have her be gone as long as you did, I probably would have passed out! So glad you found her!
Oh and we are slackers. We need to meet up for lunch one day or something. What do you think?

Followers