May 27, 2010

New Hobbies

Man I'm loving this weather! I hope it stays like this for awhile. But I know it's gonna heat up all too soon. Well, Jimmy and I have decided to get into some new hobbies that we have always wanted to do. Jimmy is going to start doing back country hunting and I'm gonna start biking! We are both very excited. Im going to do my first ride on June 12. It's the Tour de Cure ride. It's a ride to raise money for diabetes. One of my great friends is diabetic and I also have family that is diabetic so I think this is such a great cause! I'm trying to raise money for it so far I have reach my my goal of $150.00! The overall goal of the American Diabetic Association is to raise $500,000.00!! They are a little over half way! If you would like to support me and help this great cause you can go to my facebook page and click on the "support me" button in the Tour de Cure box or give me your e-mail address and I can send you an e-mail showing you how to do it.
Im very excited to do this. They have four different rides. The 100, 65, 25, and family fun mile. I'm going to attempt to do the 25.....so if I survive it I'll post some pics!!

2 comments:

Mother of three said...

Hey you! that is so wonderful of you two to do that! I just purchased a double jogging stroller! I am going to get running. (with the kidlets) I am thinking about doing the Peach Days marathon. I hope to be trained by then. I hope all is well. Thanks so much for calling me the other day! Its so wonderful to know that there are good friends out there!! Lets get together!

Hubers said...

So... if I can find a bike I will attempt to bike with you. I am training to do a race right now (running)... So... where can I find a bike lol

Followers