November 15, 2009

Holidays!!

Thanksgiving is almost here!! I love thanksgiving. I'm in charge of pies again and I love it. So if any of you have some good recipes I would love to hear them!
Things have been going pretty good for us. Jimmy is still working his behind off like usual. I'm so grateful for to have such a hard working husband! Mae is growing like a weed! Serioulsy, she is getting so tall that all her pants are floods on her. If I put a bigger size on they fall right off her tiny waist....oh how would that be???? So she either wheres floods or saftey pinned pants. HaHa We went tot he park the other day and let Mae play on the swings. She would live in a swing if we let her I swear! The only problem with these swings was they just couldn't go high enough for her. She is such a little dare devil. So to compensate she would lean clear back and look up at the sky while I pushed her. It was cute.
I know I said I was excited for Thanksgiving but that doesn't mean I can't start Christmas crafts does it? My sis and I got together and made some Christmas wreaths. It was way fun! These are the three I made...I thought I had a picture of my sisters but apparently I don't so I will have to get it and post it later because it is too cute not to!
The last one is actually a centerpiece not a wreath. I just haven't got the candles in it yet. But it was way fun to make.

When I was little my mom had this tradition for us that every Christmas she would buy a new christmas ornament. So I have started doing it with Jimmy and Mae too. (All the girls in Jimmy's family have a tradition of going to Gardners Village every year around halloween so while we are there I get the Christmas ornaments. They have a really cute Christmas store there that is open year round!) So anyways here are our 2009 ornaments.



I'm sure it's pretty obvious whos is whos. Of course we have our little princess's then comes our respiratory therapists, then I got a two for one deal with mine :)

Well, I hope things are going great for everyone. Don't forget the pie recipes if you have any and are willing to share! Love you all.

3 comments:

The.Marcellus.Family said...

I LOVE the last one you made:) I would NEVER know it was a center piece. They are just adorable. Your talented girl you.

As for Thanksgiving, I'm freakin excited too, I LOVE Thanksgiving. haha. Pie's are my favorite I wish I could share a recipe with you...but I am a horrible cook so I wouldn't suggest anything I make haha.
Love ya

Adam and Sarah said...

How fun! We do the ornament tradition, too (brought over from adam's fam) and I love picking them out. And as for pie recipes-- goto bakerella.com she bakes amazing and yummy and pretty things!

Trisha said...

Wow, it sounds like you have been really busy, but with so many fun things! I absolutely love the wreaths! I'll make you a deal, I will give you the "best, no-fail, easy, delicious, pie crust recipe (i know, quite the name isn't it,) if you will teach me how to make those gorgeous wreaths! they are amazing! Okay, I really will give you the recipe even if you don't teach me, but I would love to learn! Also, I have a recipe for homemade apple pie filling that is delish! When I make it, half of it doesn't end up in the pie! Haha...it is too irresistible! Okay, I will stop now that I have officially written the longest comment!

Followers