February 7, 2011

VaLenTiNe FuN!


Today we decided to do some Valentine crafts. We started out by cutting out some paper hearts and coloring them then we decided to make some yarn hearts. They were super easy and the girls had so much fun them. All you do is get some yarn and cut 12 inch long strands, then dip them in corn starch glue (1/4 cup corn starch mixed with 1/2 cup water). I let Mae dip the strands. Then you get a heart shaped cookie cutter and lay the strands out in the cookie cutter so they make a heart shape. Then you let them dry (It takes at least a day, or if you want you can put them in the oven on warm for a couple hours). Ours aren't dry yet but when they are we're going to hang them up in the window.









2 comments:

phcarter said...

These are some special Valentines. Ilove those girl's so much. I need too come & see your new place & give those girl's a hug. I love you & Jimmy so much too. 14 year's ago when I had you in young women's who would have ever thought you would be such a great part of our family. Your a really good momma, Amanda. Thanks for being good too me & excepting me for who I am. Your a very Christ like person & im thankful for that!

Khinna said...

What a cute idea! I love it!

Followers