February 2, 2011

Our life at the moment...

It has been a crazy week! First Lily's lip then ear infection, then Mae got sick! I think (knock on wood) that everyone is on the mend. I took Lily to the surgeon yesterday and they were able to take her stitches out. I was worried they would have to put her out again but she was very good and held still enough that we didn't have to. I was thinking the other day and I might just get struck down for saying this but I think in God's book of rules there is one that says- When one thing goes wrong 50 billions other things must follow. ... What do you think?

Jimmy has been working harder than ever with school and work. He truly amazes me! Between his school, clinicals, and work he sometimes will go without sleep for sometimes a day or more! There are sometimes he could go to sleep but won't because he doesn't want to miss spending time with us. I couldn't ask for a better husband! He will be done with school in August and will be able to take his boards around then also.

Mae and Lily are getting so big. Sometimes I have to step back and remind myself how old they're getting. They still seem so little to me. I know that 1 and 3 really aren't that old but in my eyes they're still just little babies. Lily will be turning one on Saturday! I'm excited. We are throwing a little party. It's going to be a fairy party. It has been really fun making fairy wings, fairy dust necklaces, and wands for the girls. It will be a fun day.
For Mae's birthday in April we are going to have a tea party. Mae is very into the whole tea party thing right now. It's very cute. Hopefully its warm enough we can have it outside! Cross your fingers!

As for me, I have been doing great. Ever since we have moved back to Brigham I feel like I have grown a lot.....Spiritually not just getting fatter :) I was asked to teach Relief Society a couple weeks ago and as much as I didn't want to at the time I was so glad I said yes. What a learning experience. Its true when they say the lesson was more for the person giving it than those receiving it. I was also asked to sing this week in relief society which I am very excited for. I love having chances to sing. I feel like I don't get the opportunity much anymore. I think the Lord wants me to strengthen some other areas in my life. As hard as they are I really am grateful for these learning experiences I'm having.

Well, sorry for the novel just wanted to let you all know how things are. I'm so excited for it to warm up! Jimmy got my clips hooked on my biking shoes and my clip pedals on my bike. I'm very excited and a little scared to try them out..... Which reminds me I'm still trying to raise money for the Tour de Cure ride I am participating in in June. My goal is $700. I have gotten $220 so far! If you would like to help out the information is at the top of the page in blue. It has the link to click on to get to my Tour de Cure website where you can donate as well. Thanks for all your help guys. I have really do have the greatest family and friends!



Here are some random pictures of the girls being girls :)

2 comments:

Lynn Yates said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you every day. Your blog is very touching today.

I always hang on to this scripture:
"Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many, but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days." D&C24.8

Hang in there, I see brighter days ahead for you, Jimmy and the girls. Your grandpa knows everything - didn't you know?

The.Marcellus.Family said...

I LOVE the toenails haha:)

I'm glad your doing good!

text me soon ♥

Followers