January 28, 2011

Rotten Luck

So poor Lily has really had some bad luck the past two days. So after the whole split lip and stitches ordeal we came home and went to bed...well, at around 3:00 in the morning Lily woke up. When I went in to check on her she was burning up. I gave her some advil and she went back to sleep but then woke up a few hours later throwing up. ...and still burning up. I tried everything to try and break her fever but it would never go below 100 degrees. So I decided to run her to the doctor...I got her loaded up in the car and started pulling out when something just didn't feel right. I got out of my car and realized my tire was flat! I was thinking, "Are you serious!" I was so stressed out. Jimmy was at work and I had just sent my in-laws away with Mae. Well, I called my in-laws and they had to come back and take me to the doctors where we found out Lily has a very bad ear infection. Talk about bad luck. Lily has a little cloth doll that she just loves and the whole time at the doctors office she just held it tight and cried. Oh it broke my heart. I had to fight back tears quite a bit. I don't know why but I feel like such a lousy mom right now. Man, I sure hope she starts feeling better. Poor Mae bug probably feels neglected right now. ....Well, thats life for us right now. It stinks but we're making it through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry about Lily. I hate when my kids dont feel good even as old as they are. how did she split herlip? I hope she is feeling better. Love you guy's!

Trisha said...

Oh, you're right, talk about rotten luck! I'm so sorry, but remember that you are a wonderful mom! Let me know if you need anything.

Followers