January 27, 2011

Lily

Okay, So I totally failed at the 30 day blog challenge..sorry.

It has been quite the day today. It was 9:00 am and I had just gotten out of the shower and dried my hair when Lily walked into the room. We have a full length mirror that was leaning up against the wall. I'm not sure what happened but I saw it tipping over. I spun around and grabbed it before it it the ground but not before it hit Lily and totally split open her lip. It was bleeding so bad I didn't realize how bad it was. I grabbed a wash-cloth and attempted to hold it on there for a sec... (she didn't like that at all!) When it stopped bleeding enough to really look at it I knew I needed to take her to the doctor right away. It was split open pretty deep. So I rushed her to the doc and he told me that because the cut went above her lip also that I needed to take her to a plastic surgeon to get it sewn up. So I left there and drove to Logan to the plastic surgeon. They had to give her a sedative to put her out so they could sew it. It was so sad to see her little body just go limp. She wasn't completely out so she was just staring off into space. I wanted to cry the whole time. But I kept it together and Lily is doing very well now. She couldn't really walk for a couple hours after we got home because she was so unsteady but she is running around and loving life like nothing ever happened now. :) And I have to add the Mae was the best big sister during all of this. She kept telling me, "Mom Lily is hurt. I take care of her k." She loves her so much. I have the cutest girls ever!



You can't really tell so much in this picture but its actually a lot deeper than it looks.
BEFORE


AFTER



I will admit, I thought for sure Mae would be the first one that had to get stitches! Mae is so wild sometimes...ok most the time. But Lily beat her to this one.

5 comments:

Lynn Yates said...

I am so sorry about Lily. I hope there will be no scarring. I know this was a rough day for you. It breaks my heart.

The Higley's said...

Thanks Grandpa. It was a little crazy. I feel totally exhausted! The doctor said there will be a scar but it should be very little.

Hubers said...

Poor baby!! I could have helped you!!! Let me know if I can do anything for you!!!

Adam and Sarah said...

yikes! so scary! i've had that happen with our full length mirror before, but thankfully it didn't gouge anyone. but those edges are SHARP! i'm glad she's okay now. poor little chica.

Lyndsey said...

Oh my goodness. what a trooper!!! She is cute even with stitches :)

Followers