OKay this time Im am going to post something! I have gotten on here several times but just haven't gotten to writing a post so this time I will not slack! The last month has definitly been a trial in our lives and satan has done all in his power to try and pull us down but no one drags the Higleys down dang it! SO we might have some scars and we might be beat up but we are pullin through. With God behind us and His arms beneath us, we can face whatever lies before us.
One thing I have found that helps me relieve stress is biking. I started doing this last year and I have grown to love it. I have an uncle and a cousin who are very into biking and I look up to these two very much. They both have very stressful professions, surgeon and opthamologist, and biking has helped them with stress. So I decided to try it as well. It really is a relaxing and thrilling sport. I was able to participate in the Tour de Cure last year doing the 25 mile ride. The Tour de Cure is a bike ride that raises money used in the fight to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all those affected by it. I'm excited to say I get to do it again next year June 11, 2011. I will be doing the 65 mile this time! I'm so excited. I have set a goal of raising $700 to help support this cause. If you would like to support me go to this link and click on the support me button. Even the littlest donation will help!
http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=5980270&pg=personal&fr_id=7612&et=igdCcgcLz_51xq8nGjQlog..&s_tafId=377311
The girls are getting so big. My poor Lily is pretty sick right now though. The doc said he thinks its a virus. :( I hate seeing my kiddos sick. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures forever I lost my camera and have just barely located it again. So once I get pictures loaded on there will be plently of pics!! Well, thats all for now.
1 year ago




1 comment:
Amanda, I wished we lived closer! I would come and baby sit for your date nights. That is one thing that I think really helps me relieve stress. honestly, it is amazing how husbands can help so much just by being with you. i bet that its hard to find time to go on a date with Jimmy. Life gets so busy, but as soon as you're up here. i'll come baby sit for you! Love you!
Post a Comment