March 30, 2009

I have been thinking lately about the satans attack on the family and I think he is doing very well at it. One thing I think he has made us believe that getting married is only for the two getting married, instead of for bringing more children into this world. James E. Faust said is best.
President James E. Faust, Second Counselor in the First Presidency, addressed a “shift in attitude about the purpose of marriage. More and more young people view marriage ‘as a couples relationship, designed to fulfill the emotional needs of adults, rather than an institution for bringing up children.’ …

Before I met Jimmy I was very set on going to school and getting a career. But about a month after we were married I knew that we needed to have kids. I wasn't baby hungry, I just knew that that was the right thing to do. You might say that that is way too soon but who am I to argue with what God wants. I'm not saying that women shouldn't go to school but I strongly feel that you shouldn't let that get in the way of having kids. Another quote I really loves is one by Spencer W. Kimball

“You came knowing full well your responsibilities. You came to get for yourself a mortal body that could become perfected, immortalized, and you understood that you were to act in partnership with God in providing bodies for other spirits equally anxious to come to the earth for righteous purposes. And so you will not postpone parenthood. There will be rationalists who will name to you numerous reasons for postponement. Of course, it will be harder to get your college degrees or your financial start with a family, but strength like yours will be undaunted in the face of difficult obstacles. Have your family as the Lord intended. Of course it is expensive, but you will find a way, and besides, it is often those children who grow up with responsibility and hardships who carry on the world’s work.” Spencer W. Kimball

I was talking to my friend Angie about this and she said something a agree with very much. She said that she thinks too many people think that having children is a chore. Of course it is hard but Spencer W. Kimball said that there is no greater honor than being a mother.

Sorry if I offended anyone, this is just something that has been bothering me for awhile. There are so many that say they follow the prophets but here are prophets of God telling us its wrong to postpone children and yet we all still come up with excuses to do so. I love this gospel and I know that it will only lead us to happiness.

8 comments:

The.Marcellus.Family said...

I love your blog.
I have been wanting to have kids so badly. I always say," I didn't get married to go on double dates,go to movies, and out to dinner all the time. I got married to start a family. I agree with you 100%.

Thanks Amanda for posting:) I loved it.

me said...

i love this and it is so true.

Hubers said...

I know I don't say much (this is Kylynne) but I have to!! I AGREE 100%!!! That is exactly why we have a little girl, and plan on having more soon, soon, soon! (Just don't let Ryan know I shared haha) Thanks for sharing that.. I loved it so very much!!

Mother of three said...

Amanda!
I love it! I think i am going to do the same for my blog. Thanks for the idea...I think i NEED to. haha.

Hubers said...

Don't be afraid to comment if you feel the need. We love comments! :D I just reread this and still love it so very much.. I love that you let it out in the open.. I really don't know what I would be without my little girl... Being a parents is 10 times better then having lots and lots of money!!! I think!!! Thanks again for writing this!

Lyndsey said...

Hey you - just want you to know I love ya!!! And it is funny that you posted that comment because we actually just had to dispose of a dead chick because Parker squeezed one to tight and dropped it!! So yeah maybe not the best pet for young kids lol!!

Lyndsey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAE!!!!!

KEK said...

I love being a mom. It has its trials, don't get me wrong. But, listening to little girl laugh, and son start to giggle is worth it all. Kudos to you!

Followers